Pages

30 June 2013

Busy summer fun

I'm surprised I can remember how to log in here, never mind blog. It's been far too long since I last wrote anything. I always try to write and publish something here at least once a month. My problem is that I'm the kind of person who takes up a new hobby or activity, does it a couple of times and then kind of just drifts away. I went for a run two weekends ago, promising myself I'd run at least a couple of times a week. How many runs have I been on since?

Zero.

I think I've made my point.

But this hobby? This is one hobby I don't want to give up. This is something I get a lot of enjoyment from and I know it brings happiness to others who read it. I will be better at blogging regularly, I promise.

Aside from my obvious blogging laziness, the past two months or so have been very busy.

Uncle Kyle and Auntie Nicola visited from Dubai for two weeks and it was just amazing to have them here. We crammed in as much as possible in between their visits to friends and family and every second was so precious.




We had lovely family meals, parties, days out and Kyle even got a trip to the hospital with Hannah. She fractured her elbow whilst Kyle was here which was handy so he could take her to the hospital. He slotted right back into his 'I'm the man in this family' role like he'd never been away.




Hannah had a bright pink cast and you've been very concerned for her, kissing her arm and asking if it's all better now. She's still got a bit recovery to do but she's handled it so well. I don't know how I'd cope with a cast from my wrist up to my shoulder!




It was horrible saying goodbye to them again but they are having the most amazing time out there. We are definitely going to visit next year. Definitely.

I also had the honour of being a bridesmaid for one of my best friends, Kathleen and her husband Phil. They got married on 1st June and it was a wonderful day. Kathleen looked stunning, (Phil scrubbed up well too!).




You joined us for the evening reception and busted out some moves. Then you made your move on the flowergirl, Imogen...

Real smooth Harry, that other guy didn't stand a chance!


This is just the tip of the iceberg though, what with preschool, days out, weekends with Daddy, PlayMobile in the garden and randonly meeting a Stormtrooper in town. He gave you his gun in exchange for your droid, C3PO. Turns out it wasn't the droid he was looking for.



And there's a lot more to come in July. Excited doesn't even describe how I feel!

 It involves and an airplane, France, a big pink castle and a pair of big black ears...

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Did you take the cast off?Hope you feel better and dont have any pain.

    ReplyDelete