14 September 2012
Saying Goodbye and Good luck!
So, that's it. Uncle Kyle has left to go and live with Auntie Nicki in Dubai. We had an emotional goodbye yesterday. You looked so worried for a split second when everyone was getting upset, but then you were more concerned with the Ipad. It's good, in a way, that you don't really understand what's going on because it would probably make it that bit harder for everyone.
For reference, things I have learnt about Dubai in the last few weeks:
- It is not a country, but an Emirate which makes up the United Arab Emirates (I am ashamed I didn't know this as a Geography geek...)
- It is 3 hours ahead
- It takes 6.5 hours to fly there, longer on the way back
- It is spread along the coast
- In the summer the beach is deserted because it is just too hot to be out there and the sea is warm like a bath
Things I have learnt about my brother, (Uncle Kyle), in the last few weeks:
- He is very brave to move to another continent, country and culture.
- He loves Nicki, not just with his heart, but his entire soul. He would follow her to end of the Earth. If you want to see true love, there is no better example. It's right there.
- He is a VERY good liar. He suprised Nicki in the most wonderful way by flying out early. I heard him on the phone and saw him laying false trails on Facebook.... Makes me wonder what he lied about when we were younger...
We will miss them both more than any words here could ever express. BUT... they have a chance to start a better life out there, a better life that will lead them back here one day. This will be the making of them.
They'll be home for visits and will spoil you rotten no doubt! We can talk to them on the phone and on Skype and we will see lots of photos of them. The flight over there is shorter than the drive down to Devon, (granted we did have a traffic jam and a break down...), so hopefully we can visit as well.
So we'll be sad for a while and miss them lots but it's not like they'll be away forever. I can't wait to hear all about their adventures!